2012年1月26日木曜日

TOEIC SW

Just only my memo for the "TOEIC SW.


Write a sentence based on a picture

Q: Use; airport terminal / so
A: There are so many cars parked at the airport terminal.


Respond to a written request

Q:
FROM: Dale City Welcome Committee
TO: New Dale City Residents
SUBJECT: Welcome to your new home!
SENT: July 23, 4:32 P.M.

Welcome! We would like to be the first to welcome you to Dale City. We know that there are many things to do when you move, from finding your way around town to setting up your utilities.
Please contact us if you need any help at all.

A:
To Whom It May Concern, I have just moved here, Dale City. Since I have little knowledge about this city, I may have to ask you for some information. First, I need a house not far from the company I have bee been assigned to. I am not asking you to find me a place to live in. I need a contact number for a real estate agency which I can trust. With your recommendation to a reliable agency, I can find a place at a reasonable price. Also, I want some information on rental car. I may not use a car that often, but I need one by next week to giva ride to my uncle at the airport. Thank you for your help in advance.


Write an opinion essay

Q:
There are many ways to find a job: newspaper advertisements, Internet job search Web sites, and personal recommendations. What do you think is the best way to find a job? Why? Give reasons or examples to support your opinion.

A:
Nowadays, there are many ways to find a job. What is the best way to find it? I think it depends on the kind of work you are looking for. I mean, if you want to become journalist, you want to write articles on a newspaper or a magazine, you'll have more change to find it on newspapers. If you are a help desk, a server administrator you are looking for a job in information systems, you'll find it easier on your commuter via a web site. You just need to register you CV on the web and firms will contact you quickly. At last but not least, I'm convinced in if you've personal recommendations for any job, you've got more chance than anybody to take it. Today, it's essential to have personal recommendations because the human resources and the others don't have enough time to receive lots of candidates, to search the most relevant person who will do the best work.